The Top UK Betting Apps in 2023 Revealed
With over 43% of the UK population partaking in some form of gambling, it’s really no wonder new sportsbooks are popping up faster than a game of whack a mole. Such an abundance of betting apps to choose from makes it hard to know which ones are worth your time and which are best disregarded. Who, in this day and age, has time to sit and read reviews for hundreds of betting apps though? Well, uh, we kind of did so that you don’t have to! Without further ado, here are the very best UK betting apps of 2023.
bet365 is consistently ranked as one of the UK’s best betting apps, so it naturally made it to the very top of our list. If you’re looking for a betting app that ticks all the boxes, you can’t really go wrong with this one! Very few operators in the UK offer such an extensive range of markets to bet on. What makes bet365 stand out from similar apps is the Bet Builder feature, which allows you to build bets by combining odds from different events and even markets.
What We Love
- Their current sign-up offer gives you £30 in free bets when you use their bonus code during registration
- Huge variety of markets to bet on
- Steady stream of live betting events
- Exciting promos
- Very low minimum deposits
- A big player in the football markets
- The app is updated fairly regularly, which is, of course, a good thing but this can sometimes interrupt the online experience if the app is down for maintenance or glitching.
This is another very well-known and trusted sportsbook amongst UK punters. Their app is world-class and offers bettors a huge variety of markets to wager on. The brand has organized its poker and casino divisions into separate apps, making for a clean and distraction-free online betting experience.
What We Love
- Grab a welcome bonus of £40 in cash back plus £10 to use in the casino app
- Modern, user-friendly interface
- Regular live streams
- Frequently updated promos to keep it interesting
- While on the one hand having a separate app for each division can reduce distractions, it can also become a little confusing if you’re constantly switching between them all.
With one of the arguably most aesthetically pleasing betting apps in the UK market, BetVictor appeals to gamesters with discerning taste. The app is user-friendly with a polished, contemporary design, making it a favourite amongst first timers who are still learning the ropes.
A particularly impressive feature happens to be the ability to place prop bets on footie matches (i.e. side wagers that don’t relate to the final outcome but rather the team to score first or the number of penalties a side will get).
What We Love
- They’re offering a simple but effective sign-up offer of betting £10 to get £40 back
- The app boasts a huge eSports section
- Top-class selection of football markets to wager on
- Extensive knowledge base and help centre
- They don’t offer all that many live streams
If you live in the UK and are familiar with online betting, you’ll definitely have heard of Ladbrokes at some point. The company is considered to be one of the UK’s largest sportsbooks and, as can be expected from a trusted name in the industry, they have invested in creating an enjoyable mobile betting experience. There is a large selection of markets to bet on and Ladbrokes have even thrown in some novelty markets for fun, such as politics and celebs. That’s right…you can bet how long the next Kardashian marriage is going to last (hint: aim low).
What We Love
- They’re offering new sign-ups a straightforward £20 in free bets
- Made a bet in store? Connect paper bets to your app for a seamless experience
- An extensive assortment of bonuses
- Great for football fans
- Non-active accounts have been known to be slapped with admin fees, so beware if you lose interest down the line
Pixiebet is your one-stop online gambling hub, with a top-class sportsbook as well as regular casino fare, including wildly popular live dealer games. With regards to sports betting, you’ll be able to wager on sporting events, eSports, and virtual sports across the globe.
What We Love
- Deposit £10, then place a bet to the same value and get £10 back in free bets when you sign up for a new account
- Multiple secure and widely used payment methods, including Skrill, Neteller, and debit cards
- Quick withdrawals; one to three working days
- Live chat and responsive, truly helpful customer support
Pixiebet doesn’t have an actual app but an incredible mobile-optimized website you can open in your browser. You can use the website as if it were an app by creating a shortcut to the site on your home screen, essentially turning the betting site into a web app.
How We Chose Our Top Picks
We didn’t just go ‘eenie meenie miney mo’ when making our selections⎯we had legitimate criteria we considered. This involved a lot of in-depth research, reading user reviews and testing the apps for ourselves to draw our own conclusions. We looked at the following features when ranking each app
- How useable is the app?
- Is it licensed?
- Does it offer a range of markets (e.g. not just horse racing but other sports too)
- What payment methods does it offer and how fast are withdrawals?
- Does it offer any bonuses?
When you get down to the nitty-gritty of who offers the best mobile betting experience, it’s quite an eye-opener to see just how many options people have. It’s no wonder newbies can feel entirely overwhelmed and end up picking the wrong app to place bets through. With this handy list at the ready, your days of betting disappointments will be a thing of the past!