Top 5 Footballers Who Could be Out of Contract Next Summer
Lionel Messi has been in the headlines for a while now as the Argentine is yet to extend his contract with Barcelona beyond June 2021. The six-time Ballon d’Or winner had requested for a transfer this season but the management declined by saying that the veteran could not leave the side for anything less than the £624 million release clause.
Messi was forced to continue playing with Barca this season, but that could change next year as his contract is up for renewal. If the 33-year-old footballer decides to part ways with the Catalan giants after two decades, it’s sure to send out ripples across the global football fraternity.
Messi aside, a few other notable bigshots could leave at the end of their tenure next year. We’ve compiled a list of the five elite players who’re up for grabs in the next season. But before we begin, claim your first deposit bonus here if you’re new to iGaming and would like to try your hands at sports betting.
Top 5 Football Stars Available for Transfer in the Next Season
- Sergio Ramos, Real Madrid – The Spaniard has been with Los Blancos for over one and a half decades, winning four Champions League crowns and five La Liga titles for the team. The 34-year-old recently scored his 100th goal for Madrid and although a contract is in the cards, Sergio Ramos is yet to put pen on paper.
- Sergio Aguero, Manchester City – Aguero has been an integral part of City’s success story so far, transforming the team into a dominant side in the Premier League over the last decade. He is currently the top goal-scorer with 255 scores from 373 appearances. And the figures are quite impressive when you consider his recent injuries, which has raised questions about City retaining the striker next year.
- Florian Thauvin, Marseille – The Frenchman has been consistently performing for Marseille ever since his transfer from Newcastle United back in 2016. Thauvin scored 66 goals and 44 assists since 2016 but was out of the competition for a major part of the last season due to an ankle injury. The World Cup winner might seek new opportunities next year.
- Angel di Maria, Paris Saint-Germain – One of Les Parisiens’ finest performers in recent history, the Argentine scored 85 goals and 95 assists from 229 appearances. Di Maria is a favorite among Saint-Germain fans and even at 32-years of age, he’s showing no signs of slowing down. It might come as a shock to many if Thomas Tuchel decides to release him in the next season.
- Georginio Wijnaldum, Liverpool – A key part of the Red’s Premier League-winning side, Georginio could be eyeing a career at Camp Nou next summer. The rumors are rife ever since Barca’s boss Ronald Koeman expressed his desires to sign Wijnaldum in the squad next year. Only time will tell what the future holds!